This plugin enables you to accept anonymous entry submissions from any visitor to your published blog, regardless of whether or not they have an account or they are logged in.
- The Movable Type Community Pack, which is normally bundled with MT Pro and Enterprise
Download the code or the Git repo. Inside you will find a directory (under
AnonPublicPost. Simply copy the that directory from the archive into your plugins directory so that you have:
In order to use this plugin, you need to first set up two things:
- An MT user account designated to be the default author for anonymous submitters
- A modified version of the "create entry" index template that doesn't force users to sign in.
Setting up the default user
- Create a new role that only has the permission to create entries (screenshot)
- Create a new user to act as the author of all anonymous entries.
- Assign the post-only role in #1 to the new author created in #2
Modify the Create Entry template
The plugin has a mandatory configuration directive (set in
PublicPostDefaultUser, through which you specify the default author username created above:
Once this is set correctly, you should be set to go.
- 09/19/2009 - Initial private beta release of v0.1-beta
- 09/22/2009 - Version 1.0, initial production release
- 09/22/2009 - Version 1.1, cleans up the cookie/session data so that the user cannot log in under the anonymous user
- 09/22/2009 - Version 1.2, Commented code and very minor readability tweaks
- 09/28/2009 - Version 1.3, Fixed posting by registered logged in users
BUG REPORTS AND FEATURE REQUESTS
Movable Type versions: 4.3