This plugin provides a simple way for anyone to audit a Movable Type template to see why it might be slower than it needs to be.
It does so by profiling the evaluation of individual template tags encountered during the course of a single-template build (i.e. either an index template or a single archive file). That makes it easy to narrow down exactly where the culprit is.
- Support for Movable Type 4.x with version 0.3
The performance statistics compiled for the final report include both aggregate totals and single-instance averages. This enables you to identify both horribly inefficient tags as well as those which are evaluated far too frequently (indicating that caching might be helpful).
The data contained in the report includes:
- Name of the template tag
- Number of times the tag was encountered
- Aggregate processing time for the tag
- Average processing time for a single evaluation of the tag
- Number of database queries generated for the tag
- Number of cache hits and misses for those queries
- Works only with Index Templates right now.
Bugs, Feature requests and support
If you are having problems installing or using the plugin, please check out our general knowledge base and help ticket system at help.endevver.com.
If you know that you've encountered a bug in the plugin or you have a request for a feature you'd like to see, you can file a ticket in Github Issues.
Movable Type versions: 5.05.15.2