The Charity theme allows for rapid deployment of a charity-focused site, with some of the common features found on such a site — though to be honest, it includes features anybody may like! This theme is based on Classic Blog, Minimalist but includes a number of additional features:
- Image galleries for both Pages and Entries
- Include an accent image in the site header
- Support for a navigation menu with links to Pages
- Easily configurable Facebook Like button
- Easily configurable Footer text
As well as the familiar features of Classic Blog Minimalist:
- Many 2- and 3-column page layouts
- 10 theme colors
- Easily manageable sidebars through Widgets and Widget Sets
See the Charity theme in action at dwcomedy.com, the web site for the annual Dillon Wilson Comedy for the Cure event.
- Movable Type Pro 4.1 or higher
- Config Assistant 2.0 or higher (included with Melody)
- Theme Manager 0.9.4 or higher (included with Melody)
- Custom CSS 0.96 or higher
- Asset Gallery 1.2.3 or higher
This plugin is installed just like any other Movable Type Plugin.
Next, use one of the included themes on a blog. There are three ways to do so:
- Create a new blog, and choose one of the theme template sets.
- Go to Design > Templates and choose to Refresh Blog Templates, and choose one of the theme template sets.
- Go to Design > Theme Dashboard and select “Apply a new Theme,” where you can select one of the themes.
Movable Type versions: 4.3